Monday, May 26, 2008

There's no place like home.

I got back on Thursday evening. I have been busy trying to get settled back in. It was nice to go and see family. I had a good time talking to my grandma, uncles, aunts and cousins. I rode on a train my uncle conducts. It was fun to hang out on the engine. (That is me in the side mirror)

They were going through a heat wave and the river got close to flooding. I have never seen the river at the height that it was when I was there. It was exciting to watch.
I took too many projects. I thought that I would but it is better to be safe than sorry. With all of the driving around from and to the airport and the trip to see grandpa I had a bunch of time to get busy with my hook. I got as far as I could on my chemise (vest). I now need to block it and then I can add the straps. When sitting and talking I would sometimes remember that I had a project with me. I would pull it out and work. I am Italian and have a hard time talking with something in my hand so I didn’t get very far with the blanket.

I didn’t touch the dish cloth or shawl. Maybe another trip??? I did purchase some more crochet thread and cotton yarn at the variety store in town. There was a 50% of sale. The owners want to retire. We had sundaes at the soda fountain counter. I don’t think that I had ever done that before. It was neat. I am glad I had the change before they closed the doors forever.

Now that I am home I want to get back to making the doll blankets for orphans. They are being collected until June 22 so I don’t have much time and those are now my priority.



No comments: