Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Long time no post

Okay, it has been over 2 months since I posted. I got busy when I got home from my trip and never did back to it. I'll just leave it at that no need to bore you with the details.

I have been busy and so I have a pictures to share.

I made this shawl for my mother for her birthday. I finished it at the end of May.In June I made a couple of dish clothes and worked on my baby blanket. Here are the two dish clothes I made for a wedding gift for my brother and his beautiful bride. I hope they enjoy them. Here is a doll blanket I made as part of a service project at church. It will go to an orphan some where out there. It is simple but I did use up yarn in my stash! That is always a good thing.
I made some progress on the baby blanket. Here are all of the pieces that I made. Sewing them on is the next step.
In July I finished the blanket. It isn't perfect but I am pleased.
I finished grandma's birthday gift a "thread bowl" vase made from the same yarn I used for her Christmas afgan last year. She loved the colors. I thought it would be great to make a matching vase. She loved it!
I started on Christmas gifts. I figure my family isn't checking this blog (they don't know it exists) so it is okay to show the work in progress. I am making crazy quilt stockings for a few people in my family. This one is for my boyfried Derek. His favorite colors are wine and blue. I decided to make a theme for his stocking. It is still a work in progress. I need to add the decorative stitches, put on the backing and line it. I asked my sister if she wanted one that followed a color theme. She said to make it crazy. I went so crazy with it I can't find the picture to show you.
And then, I made a few more dishclothes. My favorite pattern for the dish cloth is the purple one below. I like how it feels in my hand. I am looking forward to trying out the top one. It was a funny stitch I thought I would try.


I went to the Giant's stitch n' pitch game. It was so much fun. I got to hang out with two of my yarn loving girlfriends, the Giants won and the ladies behind me loved the yarn I was using in one project and my monkey pattern. What more could you ask for at a ball game? The last weekend this month I finally felted the bag I made for my sister's birthday gift. It was exciting to put it out of the washing machine and see how it changed. I might just felt something in the future. I hope she likes the bag.



I have some work in progress. I'll save those for the next post.





No comments: