Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Slow and steady!

I wanted to post a blog on Saturday but I was so tired by the end of that busy day I just didn’t have it in me. On to more important info.

I was almost right. My coworker was nearly done with the white section last Monday. She is now done with the white section. I don’t know how she does it. She plans to make 4 blankets so she is going to make the background 4 times. Thank goodness! That will give me enough time to catch up and finish the white section on my blanket.

I made a little yarn rose for my grandma Landis for Mother's day. I saw her on Thursday and left in such haste that I forgot the little flower. I will give it to her when I get back from Idaho. I do think that she will enjoy it. She and I have similar taste in things. I think that she will really like the colors. I haven't made crochet flowers before. It required a technique that I haven't used before.
I made a little hot pad. I love the color of the yarn. It is beautiful wool. This is a stash busting move. I can make a few more. This little square challenged me. The directions included some techniques that I haven't used before. I look forward to using up the rest of the yarn.
Here is the monkey that I have been working on. I still haven't gotten to the point I was at before I ripped it out but I think he is coming along nicely. I will take a little break on him while I am in Idaho. I don’t want to carry my stuffing on the plane.
I found a new way to work through my stash. We have a service project at church. We are collecting items for orphans. One of the items on the list is doll blankets (16-20" squares). I started a light pink granny square yesterday. It is already 12". I can hardly wait to finish it. Will it get done before I go??? Probably not. I won't take it with me.

What will I take? Hmmm, good question. Right now I think that I will take the blanket to finish the white section, my sweater to finish the trim and straps, and a cotton dish cloth that I am working on for a wedding gift for my brother. I think that should be enough for a week. Isn't it??? I am packing tommorw I will decide then.



No comments: